The Washington Wizards, Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Hornets have agreed to a three-team trade that will bring two new guards to the Wiz.
Washington will receive New Orleans’ Mike James and Memphis’ Javaris Crittenton in the exchange, with the Hornets acquiring Washington’s Antonio Daniels and the Grizzlies coming away with a future first-round pick. New Orleans also received a conditional second-round pick from Memphis.
Arenas has yet to play this season for the Wizards since signing a new $111 million contract in the offseason. A firm timetable for Arenas’ comeback has not been established, but he has yet to be cleared to participate in contact drills, making a return by Jan. 1 very unlikely.
The Wizards also released former Illini guard Dee Brown to make roster room for their new players.
Gilbert Arenas is already thinking about the possibility of finishing in last for his Wizards and is trying to make the best of it.
Arenas is still working his way back from a third knee operation in 1½ years while the Wizards are off to a 1-8 start.
I don’t want to see them struggle, but if this is one of those years where we don’t make the playoffs or we finish in last place … that’s what happened to San Antonio and that’s how they got Tim Duncan and look at them now … and that’s for the better.
Washington Wizards center Brendan Haywood could miss the entire season while recovering from surgery Thursday to repair a torn ligament in his right wrist.
Haywood will spend 2-3 months in a cast before starting rehabilitation. The team said Haywood will be out four to six months. Haywood was hurt Oct. 2 during training camp.
The young inside duo of Jason Smith and Mareese Speights dominated once again in Vegas on Wednesday night. Matching each other again point for point and almost board for board. Speights once again impressed the crowd, dropping 24 and grabbing 13 boards. Second year man Jason Smith also had a double double with 24 points and 11 rebounds in the win of the Wiz.
One friend of mine mentioned how he would have rather have grabbed Darrell Arthur at 16 rather then Mareese Speights. At the moment I would have to disagree. Speights is a very LARGE body and looks to be the main man for the backup role behind newly acquired PF Elton Brand.
- Down 10 points in the 4th
- 19 – 0 run highlighted by 10 straight from Iggy to take an 89 – 80 lead with 5:00 to go.
- 1 of 6 teams to win IN Boston this year
- Detroit, Charlotte, Washington, Toronto, and Utah being the other five (all playoff teams except Charlotte – Ray Allen did not play in this game)
- 18 – 5 since the All-Star Break. 2nd best record in that span only to the Houston Rockets (who also won 22 in a row)
- Currently hold the 6th seed as Toronto has dropped 2 straight, meaning we would not face Detroit or Boston in Round 1.
- 1 game behind the 5th playoff spot currently held by Washington
- ABOVE .500 FOR THE 1ST TIME THIS SEASON (36 – 35)
Oh, you wanted highlights…